As most of you know, free agent right fielder Bryce Harper finally signed l a record-breaking 13 year, $330 million deal with the Philadelphia Phillies last week.
This came just days after Manny Machado signed a 10 year, $300 million deal with the San Diego Padres.
Thirteen years and $330 million for one player is a lot of money -if you didn’t know- but it got us at What The Sports? thinking. What can you get for $330 million, if you didn’t want Harper? .
These are some of the things we found.
Disclaimer: *views are not necessarily representative of the whole WTS staff*
- Three million T.J. McConnell 76ers Nike Royal Replica Swingman Jerseys – Icon Edition. That’s because T.J. is the GOAT.
- Between 18-22 million copies of Meek Mill’s t album, Championships.
- 35,714,285 Tony Luke’s cheesesteaks.
- 27.5 million Original Grouper Sandwiches from Frenchy’s Original Cafe in Clearwater Beach, FL, a proud sponsor of Phillies spring training and the World Famous Frenchy’s Tiki Bar in left field at Bright House Field.
- The MLS’ Philadelphia Union, currently valued at $175 million by Forbes. Also, the team with one of the greatest goal songs ever created. Other than the Brass Bonanza, of course. #DOOP
- The original construction cost of Wells Fargo Center, home of the Philadelphia Flyers and 76ers.
- 66 million Wawa hoagies, only during HoagieFest because that’s the best time to get hoagies. And they’re called hoagies, not subs. Prove me wrong..
- 2.75 million Bryce Harper replica Phillies jerseys. Because, why not? No authentic jerseys here, though. If you wanted to purchase those with $330 million, you would be able to buy about 1,204,379.
- 55 million buckets of Chickie’s and Pete’s Crabfries. This number changes depending on what location you go to because in many sports stadiums, they aren’t $6. They’re like $10, at least.
- 9,428,571 general admission tickets to the Franklin Institute. Adult museum admission tickets are $35, worth it for the giant beating heart walk-through, if you’re ok with tight spaces.
- 8.25 million 2019 Phillies spring training New Era fitted hats. I’m sure that covers all head sizes.
- Every seat in Citizens Bank Park, Lincoln Financial Field, Wells Fargo Center and Talen Energy Stadium for at least one game.
- The jersey of every Phillies, Eagles, Sixers, Flyers and Union player. Plenty of Boban jerseys to go around.
- 13.2 million Gritty t-shirts, two for each person in the Philadelphia metropolitan area (6.096 million est.)
- 330 million Philly soft pretzels because, Philly has the best soft pretzels. End of argument.
That’s a lot of money to spend on one player…for now. because get ready for Mike Trout to get $500 million in two years.Then we can see if the Phillies have the “stupid money” that Phillies owner John Middleton talked about this offseason. That would be more like insane money, but you get the gist.